Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Ritetemp 6036 Thermostat Jumpers

Stockholm 2008

Hello from Stockholm!

Central underground station and city hall in the background

your Baer has indulged in a few days leave and flew for the purpose of conference visit and tourism in this beautiful little town in northern Europe. The flight is cheaper than a train trip from Munich to Cologne (even with BahnCard 50 rebate) is already slanted. Of course you have this book well in advance and very early morning antanzen at the airport. So I got up at 3:00 clock and put the clock at 4.00 U-Bahn to the airport Franz Josef Strauss.


Degraded ATM, giving an insight into its Windows
allows software - would be with BSD is probably different happened

Well, I had been supplied in advance with cash, for all machines at the airport were disrupted, were not comfortable with their central data exchange.


morning at 6:45 clock in Franz Josef

I could at SAS the night before check in electronically to reserve my seat and print their boarding pass. One wonders of course where you sit on top, entire websites are devoted to this subject. I opted for a space in front of the wing of Boeing, to see what, but apparently was not the graphics on the seat selection realistically, because I landed on a place on the wing.



The flight was very pleasant and at the time and not fully booked out. The only slight surprise was that the nice Swedish hostess has taken a tip. They have taken care of all the passengers as well, and again later tea refilled. Very neat.


underground station on the blue line beneath their main station

arrived at Arlanda airport, I could change money problems, even to 50 cents coins were accepted. To get a weekly menu was a little difficult at the official SL counter you want to sell you the 72 hour ticket or a strip map, but the nice ladies to a tip from the switch, I was able to get a weekly pass in the magazine shop.

Arlanda is located almost exactly halfway between the university town of Uppsala and Stockholm. There are several connections, the faster, more expensive. Last year I took the Arlanda Express, which is approximately 20 minutes in Stockholm, but also costs about 20 €. This time I had time and, therefore, chosen the path with the normal public transport, for which the weekly ticket (about 27 €) has been sufficient. Only the bus to town Märsta, then the S-Bahn purely to Stockholm. So has lasted about an hour and I've seen a little more from Sweden.


at the subway station Fredhemsplan

With the blue metro, I went to Fredhemsplan. Stupid me, I have then run around and I made a mistake with the heavy luggage between Fredhemsgatan and Flemmingsgatan without finding Saint Eriksgatan. Fortunately it was still early afternoon, so I went to a bar, which offered me from Munich familiar fare for lunch price.


sushi there is not only in Munich on every corner, even in
Stockholm.


A glass of delicious Smörgås Gurka I had already found me in the supermarket at the main station.


Hostel STF Fridhemsplan

After very good experiences with the youth on Texel and in Garmisch I time quartered in the Stockholm Hostel STF Fridhemsplan . This is the modern neste hostel in Stockholm.

The Swede and your bear like dill flavor, such as these Pringles chips
- before cooking in the background


And these new houses (as well as modern, these hostels are) equipped compared to the youth of my schooling in a different class. For example, it has Wireless LAN, beautiful kitchens and tidy rooms.

room in the hostel

After checking in at the accommodation I am a bit then took the bus to see the surrounding area. Is already dark from 15.00 clock in the corner of Stockholm I was before.



I fell to the Karolinska University Hospital to the north and then I went back to the city center. The bus stop is nice for an overview.



I'm at the main station then become weak and I've ordered at Frank's a menu of what I know so only from Sweden. Mos (potato dumplings) and vegetarian sausages with salad. Snack Technically, the Swedes seem to love the hot dog.



Frank's is located directly below the round hole at the central station, which serves as a prominent meeting place in the station, as people meet there to lead ahead of the conference that I visit.



As I said, it gets dark early and wet and cold it is also here, the City Theatre near the main train station.


Bottom right, the practical 2 kg of cheese pieces, along with scrapers was

The trip in a Swedish supermarket again very interesting. Fruits and vegetables are more expensive than here. The snake cucumber which commutes with us somewhere around a 1 € costs here around 3 €. There was also an open barrel of self-service, with salty pickles, a concept similar to the anti-pasta counters with us, but the price shocked me at all. Similarly, the well-stocked fish counter, with huge shrimp and salmon all possible variations. They apparently lived quite well in Sweden.


cheese is found in such large pieces

A small cultural difference was obviously the cheese. The Swede loves big pieces of cheese. There is also cheese slices, but was offered, at least in this supermarket with only a very small range.


Ubuntu Cola

So that's a handy 2 kg piece of cheese without rind, in a resealable plastic bag, well, something I myself have not seen it in Holland. The Swedes must have plenty of room in the refrigerator, or put it out on the balcony.

So now I've written enough, now it goes out again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment